Kotaro Nakamura, AIA, LEED AP
Professor, Interior Design, School of Art and Design, PSFA, SDSU
ART 452 ID Practicum
Internship Survey (End of the semester)
You will have INC until you send this survey
All internship sites must sign these documents.
Certification Form (PDF document)
Service Learning Agreement
Learning Activity Sites Questionnaire
Pyee Data record
If your site has not signed the agreement, please download the form and ask them to sign.
Payee Data Record needs to be filled by the business. The information is about the business, not your personl information.
1. Attend the orientation on first Tuesday at 11AM at room ART301
2. Look for internship
3. Prepare resume and portfolio
4. Go to interview
5. Make sure that they have signed the Service Learning Agreement and Learning Activity Sites Questionnaire and Payee Data record.
6. Email Learning Activity Sites Questionnaire to email@example.com.
7. Work 135 hours by the final exam day (see calendar)
8. Fill in the certification form and get signature
9. Fill in the end of semester online survey
10. Attend the class on the final exam week on the final exam day. See the calendar for the date and time.
You must have ID III (Art 453) passing grade BEFORE starting the internship. You can start internship over summer time. Please enroll in the class in the following fall semester.
1. Send an email to the instructor for approval of the internship site.
2. Obtain signature on all the forms required by SDSU.
3. Work 135 hours.
4. Obtain signature on the certification form.
5. Fill out online survey.
6. Enroll in ART 452 the following semester.
The credit will be awarded if all the conditions are met.
You must have a passing grade of Art 453 ID III before starting an internship.
Internship can commence over the summer vacation.
Internship hours can be obtained from multiple offices and at foreign countries.
You must be under direct supervision of a designer who provides design services.
Retail work does not qualify as internship.
Design profession includes interior design, space planning, and architects.
Other design profession may be considered and they are evaluated individually.
You need 135 hours for 3 units CR/NCR grade.
You can have Art 452 up to 6 units. 3 units maximum a semester.
For computer program questions, please use WEB browser to obtain tutorials. There are many tutorials on Youtube.
"Make roof in Revit"
Make PDF files
AutoCAD 3D Advanced
Photo on Solid
3D Studio VIZ
2 Point Perspective
2 Point Interior
1 Point Setup (PDF)
SDSU School of Art
Transcripts and Grade report
ADA Design Guide
Green Building Council
Green Building San Diego
ASID San Diego
ASID Student Chapter
San Diego AIA
Arch. Woodwork Institute